The System View (SV)-5b “Operational Activity to Systems Traceability Matrix” addresses the linkage between described in SV-1 “Systems Interface Description” and Operational Activities specified in OV-5a “Operational Activity Decomposition Tree” or OV-5b “Operational Activity Model”. The SV-5b depicts the mapping of systems and, optionally, the capabilities and performers that provide them to operational activities. The SV-5b identifies the transformation of an operational need into a purposeful action performed by a system or solution.
Guide: DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02 – Page 215
During requirements definition, the SV-5b plays a particularly important role in tracing the architectural elements associated with system requirements to those associated with user requirements.
The intended usage of the SV-5b includes:
- Tracing system requirements to user requirements.
- Tracing solution options to requirements.
- Identification of overlaps or gaps.
|DoDAF Viewpoint Matrix|
- The DoDAF descriptions in this website are very generic and are mostly taken from the DoDAF Architecture Framework website. Make sure you visit the actual website for the most update information and a more thorough explanation of each viewpoint.
- DoDAF Version 1.0, although outdated, has some good examples on how to construct AV’s, OV’s, and SV’s.
AcqLinks and References:
-  DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02
- DoD Architecture Framework Working Group Version 1.0, Volume 1: Definition and Guideline, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- DoD Architecture Framework Version 1.0, Volume 2: Product Description, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- Website: DoDAF Architecture Framework – DoD Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Website: DoDAF Version 2.02 Journal