Systems Viewpoint (SV) describes systems and interconnections providing for, or supporting, DoD functions. DoD functions include both warfighting and business functions. The Systems Models associate systems resources to the operational and capability requirements. These systems resources support the operational activities and facilitate the exchange of information. The Systems Models are available for support of legacy systems. As architectures are updated, they should transition from Systems to Services and utilize the models within the Services Viewpoint.
The thirteen (13) System Viewpoints are:
- SV-1 Systems Interface Description
- SV-2 Systems Resource Flow Description
- SV-3 Systems-Systems Matrix
- SV-4 Systems Functionality Description
- SV-5a Operational Activity to Systems Function Traceability Matrix
- SV-5b Operational Activity to Systems Traceability Matrix
- SV-6 Systems Resource Flow Matrix
- SV-7 Systems Measures Matrix
- SV-8 Systems Evolution Description
- SV-9 Systems Technology & Skills Forecast
- SV-10a Systems Rules Model
- SV-10b Systems State Transition Description
- SV-10c Systems Event-Trace Description
|DoDAF Viewpoint Matrix|
- The DoDAF descriptions in this website are very generic and are mostly taken from the DoDAF Architecture Framework website. Make sure you visit the actual website for the most update information and a more thorough explanation of each viewpoint.
- DoDAF Version 1.0, although outdated, has some good examples on how to construct AV’s, OV’s, and SV’s.
AcqLinks and References:
-  DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02
- DoD Architecture Framework Working Group Version 1.0, Volume 1: Definition and Guideline, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- DoD Architecture Framework Version 1.0, Volume 2: Product Description, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- Website: DoDAF Architecture Framework – DoD Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Website: DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02