The System View (SV)-10a “Systems Rules Mode” specifies functional and non-functional constraints on the implementation aspects of the architecture (i.e., the structural and behavioral elements of the Systems Viewpoint).
The SV-10a DoDAF-described Model describes constraints on the resources, functions, data, and ports that make up the SV physical architecture. The constraints are specified in text and may be functional or structural (i.e., non-functional).
The intended usage of the SV-10a includes:
- Definition of implementation logic.
- Identification of resource constraints.
- The DoDAF descriptions in this website are very generic and are mostly taken from the DoDAF Architecture Framework website. Make sure you visit the actual website for the most update information and a more thorough explanation of each viewpoint.
- DoDAF Version 1.0, although outdated, has some good examples on how to construct AV’s, OV’s, and SV’s.
AcqLinks and References:
-  DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02
- DoD Architecture Framework Working Group Version 1.0, Volume 1: Definition and Guideline, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- DoD Architecture Framework Version 1.0, Volume 2: Product Description, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- Website: DoDAF Architecture Framework – DoD Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Website: DoDAF Version 2.02 Journal