The System View (SV)-10c “Systems Event-Trace Description” provides a time-ordered examination of the interactions between functional resources. Each event-trace diagram should have an accompanying description that defines the particular scenario or situation.
The SV-10c is valuable for moving to the next level of detail from the initial solution design, to help define a sequence of functions and system data interfaces, and to ensure that each participating resource or System Port role has the necessary information it needs, at the right time, to perform its assigned functionality.
The intended usage of the SV-10c includes:
- Analysis of resource events impacting operation
- Behavioral analysis
- Identification of non-functional system requirements.
- The DoDAF descriptions in this website are very generic and are mostly taken from the DoDAF Architecture Framework website. Make sure you visit the actual website for the most update information and a more thorough explanation of each viewpoint.
- DoDAF Version 1.0, although outdated, has some good examples on how to construct AV’s, OV’s, and SV’s.
AcqLinks and References:
-  DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02
- DoD Architecture Framework Working Group Version 1.0, Volume 1: Definition and Guideline, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- DoD Architecture Framework Version 1.0, Volume 2: Product Description, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- Website: DoDAF Architecture Framework – DoD Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Website: DoDAF Version 2.02 Journal