The CV-1 Vision addresses the enterprise concerns associated with the overall vision for transformational endeavors and thus defines the strategic context for a group of capabilities. The purpose of a CV-1 is to provide a strategic context for the capabilities described in the Architectural Description. It also provides a high-level scope for the Architectural Description which is more general than the scenario-based scope defined in an OV-1 “High Level Operational Concept Graphic”.
Guide: DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02 – Page 117
The intended usage is communication of the strategic vision regarding capability development.
The CV-1 defines the strategic context for a group of capabilities described in the Architectural Description by outlining the vision for a capability area over a bounded period of time. It describes how high-level goals and strategy are to be delivered in capability terms. A CV-1 may provide the blueprint for a transformational initiative. The CV-1 may be primarily textual descriptions of the overarching objectives of the transformation or change program that the Enterprise is engaged in. Of key importance is the identification of Goals, together with the desired outcomes and measurable benefits associated with these.
|DoDAF Viewpoint Matrix|
- The DoDAF descriptions in this website are very generic and are mostly taken from the DoDAF Architecture Framework website. Make sure you visit the actual website for the most update information and a more thorough explanation of each viewpoint.
- DoDAF Version 1.0, although outdated, has some good examples on how to construct AV’s, OV’s, and SV’s.
AcqLinks and References:
-  DoDAF Architecture Framework Version 2.02
- DoD Architecture Framework Working Group Version 1.0, Volume 1: Definition and Guideline, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- DoD Architecture Framework Version 1.0, Volume 2: Product Description, 9 Feb 04 (Old Version)
- Website: DoDAF Version 2.02 Journal