The following checklist from the Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG) summarizes the requirements for demonstrating compliance with the Net-Ready Key Performance Parameter (KPP) and should be useful in preparing for milestone approvals.
Checklist: Net-Ready KPP Compliance
- Applicable Integrated Architecture Products, AV-1, OV-2, OV-4, OV-5, OV-6c, SV-4, SV-5, SV-6, DoD Information Technology Standards Registry (DISR) Standards Compliance with draft Technical View (TV)-1.
- Compliant with Net-Centric Data Strategy and Net-Centric Services Strategy, Data Exposure Verification Tracking Sheets.
- Applicable Global Information Grid (GIG) Technical Guidance (GTG) compliance citations, GTG statements, and the corresponding DISR-Mandated GESP Information Technology (IT) Standards included in the program manager’s TV-1 as necessary to meet the net-centric operational characterized in the integrated architecture system views.
- IA requirements including availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation, and issuance of an accreditation decision by the Designated Approval Authority.
- Applicable Supportability requirements to include SAASM, Spectrum and Joint Tactical Radio System requirements (see DAG section 7.6 ).
Supporting Integrated Architecture Products
- Have all architecture products been developed in accordance with the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)?
- Does the AV-1 describe a net-centric environment? (Note: If this is a non-net-centric environment, i.e., a legacy network, make sure that is noted in the architecture.)
- Has the TV-1 been prepared using applicable information technology standards profiles contained in the DISR?
- Have all the interfaces listed in the OV-2 and SV-6 been appropriately labeled with the GIG core enterprise services needed to meet the requirements of the applicable capability integrated architecture?
- Have specific capability integrated architecture OV-6c time event parameters been correlated with Global Information Grid (GIG) architecture OV-6c?
- Have verifiable performance measures and associated metrics been developed using the integrated architectures, in particular, the SV-6?
Global Information Grid (GIG) Technical Guidance (GTG) Compliance
- The Global Information Grid (GIG) Technical Guidance (GTG) has a compliance regime with granularity appropriate to the Milestone Phase or maturity of a program.
- At Milestone B, Capability Production Documents (CDD) / Information Support Plans (ISPs) will include a preliminary declaration of the functional implementation features and technical capabilities and identify which technical implementation profiles are applicable. Draft TV-1’s and TV- 2’s will also be included.
- At Milestone C, Capability Production Documents (CDD) / ISPs and post Milestone C Tailored ISPs will include the final declaration of functional implementation and technical features, identify technical implementation profiles, and complete final TV-1s and TV-2s. The completeness and sufficiency of the program’s citing of artifacts drawn from the GTG in determining net readiness will be assessed and certified by Joint Staff J-6 in the ISP. A final declaration of selected emerging or maturing standards not found in the DoD Information Technology Standards Registry with rationales and risks will be included.
Information Assurance (IA)
- Have applicable IA requirements of DoD 8500 series issuances and Director of Central Intelligence Directives been identified?
- Is the system level IA design (to include the use of enterprise services) in alignment with the IA component of the Global Information Grid (GIG) integrated architecture?
- Has the applicable capability (system) received authorization to operate (ATO) from the appropriate Designated Accrediting Authority?
- The DITSCAP program is now in the process of being phased out and will be replaced by Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Program (DIACAP).
AcqLinks and Reference:
- Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG) – Chapter 7
- Navy Net-Ready Key Performance Parameter Guidebook – 30 Sept 2011
- Net-Ready KPP Compliance Checklist
- Website: DITSCAP Home Page