Note: The Program Decision Memorandum (PMD) is now called the Resource Management Decision (RMD)
The Program Decision Memorandum (PDM) is issued by the Deputy Secretary of Defense (DEPSECDEF) after Senior Leader Review Group (SLRG) (DRB) deliberations of the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) and summarizes a program decision. The PDM is issued during October and November to service POMs. It also resolves Change Proposals that have been accepted by the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) during the Off-Year PPBE Cycle.
A decision paper signed by the Deputy Secretary of Defense outlining and approving changes to the POM submissions.
Budget Preparation Schedule
- February: Future Year Defense Program (FYDP) Updated
- April: DoD Send Defense Planning Guidance (DPG) to Services
- August: Services submit POM and Budget Estimate Submission (BES) to OSD, CAPE and OMB for POM Review (FYDP Updated)
- October – December: Joint OMB-OSD review leading to Resource Management Decision (RMD)
- December: DoD Budget Request sent to OMB
- 1st Monday of February: Presidents Budget due to Congress