Section A contains one of the following:
- Standard Form 33 (SF 33). Solicitation, offer and Award is used in conjunction with the solicitation and award of negotiated contracts.
- Standard Form 26 (SF 26). Award/Contract is used when entering into negotiated contracts when the prospective Contractor has amended their offer, unless:
- The contract is for the construction, alteration, or repair of buildings, bridges, roads, or other real property;
- The acquisition is one for which the FAR prescribes special contracts forms; or 3. Use of a purchase order is appropriate.
- Standard Form 1447 (SF 1447). Solicitation/Contract is used in connection with negotiated acquisitions that use the simplified contract format and may be used in lieu of SF 26 or SF 33 for other acquisitions. Award is generally made using the award portion of the SF 1447.
- Standard Form 18 (SF 18). Request For Quotation (RFQ) is used to solicit quotations from Contractors. RFQ is informational in character. It is not an offer and cannot be accepted by the Government to create a binding contract.
- Standard Form 1449 (SF 1449). Solicitation/Contract/Order for Commercial Items, shall be used by the contracting officer when issuing written solicitations and awarding contracts and placing orders for commercial items. This form contains the information necessary for solicitations and contracts. The form may also be used for documenting receipt, inspection and acceptance of commercial items. Other forms shall not be used for solicitation or award of contracts or orders for the acquisition of commercial items.
AcqLinks and References:
- MIL-HDBK-245D DoD “Handbook for Preparation of Statement of Work”- 3 April 1996
- Standard Form 18 (SF 18) “Request For Quotation”
- Standard Form 26 (SF 26) “Award /Contract”
- Standard Form 33 (SF 33) “Solicitation, Offer and Award”
- Standard Form 1449 (SF 1449) “Solicitation/Contract/Order for Commercial Items”
- DD Form 1423 “CDRLS Template”
- Template: Proposal Evaluation Plan
- Template: Source Selection Plan
- Website: FAR Subpart 12 “Acquisition of Commercial Items”
- Website: FAR Subpart 15.2 ‘Solicitation and Receipt of Proposals and Information”