The Joint Service Specification Guides (JSSG) establish a common framework to be used by Government-Industry Program Teams in the Aviation Sector for developing program unique requirements documents for Air Systems, Air Vehicles, and major Subsystems. Each JSSG contains a compilation of candidate references, generically stated requirements, verification criteria, and associated rationale, guidance, and lessons learned for program team consideration. The JSSGs identify typical requirements for a variety of aviation roles and missions.
Document: JSSG Full Content Listing
Below is a list of the main JSSGs:
- JSSG-2000 Air System
- JSSG-2001 Air Vehicle
- JSSG-2005 Avionic Subsystem, Main Body
- JSSG-2006 Aircraft Structures
- JSSG-2007 Engines, Aircraft, Turbine
- JSSG-2008 Vehicle Control and Management System (VCMS)
- JSSG-2009 Air Vehicle Subsystems
- JSSG-2010 Crew Systems
- JSSG-2010-1 Engineering Handbook
- JSSG-2010-2 Crew Station Automation, Information and Control/ Display Management Handbook
- JSSG-2010-3 Cockpit/Crew Station/Cabin Handbook
- JSSG-2010-4 Aircrew Alerting Handbook
- JSSG-2010-5 Aircraft Lighting Handbook
- JSSG-2010-6 Sustenance and Waste Management Handbook
- JSSG-2010-7 Crash Protection Handbook
- JSSG-2010-8 Energetics Handbook
- JSSG-2010-9 Personal Protective Equipment Handbook
- JSSG-2010-10 Oxygen and Breathing Systems Handbook
- JSSG-2010-11 Emergency Egress Handbook
- JSSG-2010-12 Deployable Aerodynamic Decelerator (DAD) Systems Handbook
- JSSG-2010-13 Survival, Search, and Rescue (SSAR) Handbook
- JSSG-2010-14 Aircraft Windshield/Canopy Systems and Transparent Enclosures Handbook
Program teams need to review the JSSG rationale, guidance, and lessons learned to:
- Determine which requirements are relevant to their application; and
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate, program-specific requirements.
Ordering JSSG CD ROM
Note: The JSSGs is for guidance only and can’t be cited as a requirement or placed on contract.
- Visit the US DoD ASSIST website for the most up-to-date guides
- Visit Airworthiness Certification for addition information.
AcqLinks and References: