Industry Day is an event held by a Department of Defense (DoD) Program Management Office (PMO) to present the plans for a current or future procurement to representatives from industry. It is usually held prior to a Request for Proposal (RFP) being released or any major changes in a program. It’s an opportunity for the government to expresses its goals, schedule, and solicit feedback about a procurement. Industry Day can range from a few hours to three days in length. Usually, during industry day there is an opportunity for industry to sit down with program office personnel in a private one-on-one session to ask questions and give feedback.
Purpose of Industry Day
Industry Day is a good opportunity for industry to get a good understanding of what the government needs. It also provides a good method to try and shape any RFP towards your unique offering.
Where are Industry Day Announcements Posted
Industry Day’s are usually announced on SAM.gov.
Typical Industry Day Goals:
- To ensure synergy between the DoD program office and Industry representatives
- Incorporate Industry comments into the RFP development process
- Communicate interoperability and open standards
- Communicate program requirements and schedule
- Gain a better understanding of recent industry developments
- Provide updates to Industry on future program developments and acquisitions
AcqLinks and References: