Element 6 “Verify, Validate, and Document Risk Reduction” is where the Program Manager (PM) verifies the implementation and validates the effectiveness of all selected risk mitigation measures through appropriate analysis, testing, demonstration, or inspection. Document the verification and validation in the Hazard Tracking System (HTS).
MIL-STD-882E “Standard Practice for System Safety” – Page 13
– See: Systems Engineering Validation and Verification for more detail.
– Next Element: Accept Risk and Document
AcqLinks and References:
- MIL-STD-882E “Standard Practice for System Safety” – 11 May 2012
- Air Force System Safety Handbook – July 2000
- DoD Risk Management Guidebook – Aug 06