Congressional Oversight requires the DoD to provide the following reports to include information on T&E:
- Selected Acquisition Report (SAR)
- Annual System Operational Test Report
- Beyond Low Rate Initial Production (BLRIP) Report
- Foreign Comparative Test (FCT) Report
DoD System Testing Process and Procedures Documentation:
- DoD Directive 5000.1 “The Defense Acquisition System”: The Directives addressed test and evaluation and says it shall be integrated throughout the defense acquisition process. Test and evaluation shall be structured to provide essential information to decision makers, assess attainment of technical performance parameters, and determine whether systems are operationally effective, suitable, survivable, and safe for intended use.
- Test and Evaluation Management Guide: is primarily intended for use as a desk reference for program and project management personnel for T&E.
- Title 10 USC 2399: Regulation for the Operational Test & Evaluation (OT&E) of defense acquisition programs
Space System Testing Process and Procedures Documentation:
- Air Force Manual (AFM) 99-113 “Space Systems Test and Evaluation Process” provides a methodology for use by program managers, test engineers, test organization personnel, major command headquarters staffs, and others regardless of command level, involved in Space Systems Test and Evaluation (T&E). This manual directs the use of the Space Systems Test and Evaluation Process, describes the process, provides application information, and summarizes resources available.
- Air Force Instruction (AFI) 99-103 “Test and Evaluation Process” describes the planning, conduct, and reporting of cost-effective test and evaluation (T&E) programs as an efficient continuum of integrated testing known as seamless verification.
– See DoD Test Organizations for more information about Service Oversight.
AcqLinks and References:
-  Test and Evaluation Management Guide – Jan 2005
-  Air Force Manual (AFM) 99-113 “Space Systems Test and Evaluation Process” – May 1996