Section D describes the packaging, preservation and packing requirements for all Contract Line Item Numbers (CLIN) listed in Section B.
MIL-STD-129P “Marking for Shipment and Storage”, is specified for marking of military packaged items. This standard provides the minimum requirements for uniform military marking and procedures for their application. It is intended for use only for the application of military specific markings to items intended for transportation and storage within the military distribution system, i.e., for marking of materiel not intended for immediate use, that is stored and/or moved within or between DoD facilities.
ASTM D3951-90, “Commercial Packaging”, along with any unique marking requirements can be specified for the marking of commercially packaged items/materials. When items are being procured for another service or for an Foreign Military Sales (FMS), any unique packaging and marking requirements of the customer service or FMS host country will apply. Instructions for packaging technical manuals and technical orders may be specified in this section as an attachment.
AcqLinks and References:
- MIL-HDBK-245D DoD “Handbook for Preparation of Statement of Work”- 3 April 1996
- Standard Form 18 (SF 18) “Request For Quotation”
- Standard Form 26 (SF 26) “Award /Contract”
- Standard Form 33 (SF 33) “Solicitation, Offer and Award”
- Standard Form 1449 (SF 1449) “Solicitation/Contract/Order for Commercial Items”
- DD Form 1423 “CDRLS Template”
- Template: Proposal Evaluation Plan
- Template: Source Selection Plan
- Website: FAR Subpart 12 “Acquisition of Commercial Items”
- Website: FAR Subpart 15.2 ‘Solicitation and Receipt of Proposals and Information”