Electronic Document Access (EDA) is a web-based system that provides secure online access, storage, and retrieval of contracts, contract modifications, Government Bills of Lading (GBLs), DFAS Transactions for Others (E110), vouchers, and Contract Deficiency Reports (CDR) to authorized users throughout the Department of Defense (DoD). The EDA provided thru the DoD Wide Area Workflow website.
Wide Area Workflow Website: EDA Homepage
The EDA program is one of the Business Transformation Agency (BTA) Sourcing Environment programs. EDA supports the goals of the BTA to simplify and standardize the methods that DoD uses to interact with commercial and government suppliers in the acquisition of catalog, stock, as well as made-to-order and engineer-to-order goods and services initiatives to increase the application of Electronic Business/Electronic Commerce (EB/EC) across the DoD.
EDA benefits a broad category of users:
- Government: EDA provides payment technicians at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), DoD contract officers, procurement officers, program and financial managers, and transportation officers with the ability to post, view and process documents electronically eliminating the need for paper copies.
- Vendors: EDA provides “view-only” capability of contract documents that match validated DUNS or Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) Code.
Benefits derived from DoD EDA include:
- Single-source, timely information
- Electronic search and retrieval – 24/7 access/retrieval capability
- Increased visibility of all procurement & payment actions
- Reduction in data entry/human error
- Lower postage, handling, retention and document management costs
- Single Integrated solution to support multiple communities
AcqLinks and References:
- OSB Marketing to the Department of Defense: The Basics
- DoD Subcontracting Program: The Basics
- DoD Office of Small Business Program (OSBP)
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- Presentation: Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF) Overview
- Website: Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (eSRS)
- Website: Wide Area Workflow
- Website: Defense Finance & Accounting Service – WAWF